Web Design Intern
3 months internship
**The application period for this position has been closed.
We are currently seeking one Web Design Intern with a passion for designing for the web. This is not a typical errand-running, copy-making internship; we’re looking for someone who can contribute to our company’s culture, strategy, and vision.
Our ideal candidate is technology and internet savvy, has strong design skills and a creative eye, and a passion for style and aesthetic beauty.
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator design experience
- Passion for web design
- CSS/HTML knowledge is a plus
- Student at Parsons or F.I.T. with design major a plus
- Past design works a plus
- Must have laptop
- Design webpages, banners, and landing pages using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Generate ideas for client websites, marketing materials, and other PR material
- Communicate effectively with team members (and clients) verbally and through email/phone/Skype
- Monetary stipend
- Work inside a New York City office in downtown Soho
- Expand your portfolio with work for high-end clients such as Forbes magazine
- Meet and network with like-minded entrepreneurs daily
- Expenses for business networking events, meetings, and cocktail parties will be covered
- Additional perks may be available as we expand
- Written recommendation upon completion if applicable
- School credit (students)
About Geekwhat Design
Geekwhat Design is a web design studio comprised of a seriously fun team of geeks that are experts in web design and development. Located in the heart of Soho in New York City, the company was founded in 2011 by male model and published recording artist Tony Chung. Most notable among the company’s services are high end WordPress customization and Facebook landing pages. With high profile clients in both fashion and entertainment sectors, Geekwhat Design is quickly becoming one of the top web design studios of its kind in New York City.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com (Subject line: Web Design Intern application) expressing what skills you would be able to bring to this position as well as any past works relevant to the job description. Please also indicate your available start date.