Design Success Tips: Your Website Is Your 24/7 Sales Machine
We are Geekwhat Design, a web design firm with these services based in New York City. ‘Design Success Tips’ is a series of tips and tricks to guide you towards success with design for your business. Check out all our articles here.
How is your website a.k.a. 24/7 sales machine doing?
Whether you like it or not, your website is your 24/7 Sales Executive. Whenever we design a new website for our clients, we keep this principle in mind during the entire design process. It doesn’t matter what you sell, your website needs to represent your brand/image and present your business in the best light possible 24/7.
Similar to the traits of a real salesperson that represents your business, your website should at all times have these items covered:
- Up to date — Whether through daily blogging or just periodic updates, your site should always look alive and updated. Nothing kills business more than a site with expired and useless info.
- Networking tools — Social media sharing options such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus to allow visitors to share information on your website easily and quickly.
- Call to action — Your website must serve a purpose (e.g. Sign up / Call us). Make it clear upon first impression.
- Contact info — Should your visitor be the type that takes initiative, you must provide them a way to contact you immediately, whether it be via phone/email/address.
- Memorable — The Internet is filled with millions (maybe billions) of pages. Your visitor should have some form of lasting impression after closing your website.
Any other traits to add to the list?
Enjoyed this post? You might also enjoy:
- Design Success Tips: Make Effective Changes On your Website To Increase Client Conversion
- Design Success Tips: How To Create a Successful Landing Page For Your Business (RIP Facebook Landing Pages)
- Design Success Tips: Why You Need A Facebook Landing Page
- Design Success Tips: Confidence is Half the Battle